1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIVORCE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, May 27, 2007.

1. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Take some time for yourself this afternoon to think about the relationship, and how it went wrong, and sort of grieve. Then start tomorrow with a new outlook.

Or, if you don't want to be alone today, get together with some buddies and go to a game or fishing or whatever.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Angola, as confusing as it might be for you, there are lots of guys who wish they could just spend a few days in your shoes. I'm happily married, but I'd give a testicle if I could do everything that's now available to you.

Having said that, don't become THAT guy, the one at the bar who has slept with 10 different girls in 10 different weeks, the one who can get the bartender to put an extra squirt of tequila in a girl's drink with a simple wink. Just take some time to rediscover yourself. Do the things you used to enjoy and find some new things to enjoy.

Then, at some point, get back on the horse. There's no timetable. If it feels right, give it a shot. This time, though, be picky. Have fun. When it doesn't feel right, apply the brakes. And, most importantly, when it feels right, dive right in.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Angola --

You can celebrate, man.

You're not celebrating the end of your marriage, you're celebrating a new chapter in your life.

As others have said, go out and do some stuff you couldn't do before. Be a little bit selfish for a while. Do what makes you happy. And don't feel like you have to rush into dating. Take your time.

Good luck, brother.

4. boots

boots New Member

Angola, in time, you will learn to love again.
    In time you will learn to trust again.
    In time you will find the happiness that you seek.
    More importantly, you will YOURSELF.
    You don't need a spouse to justify who you are and what you are about.
    Just keep praying and keep living my man. You will one day laugh about all of this .

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Does anyone get the feeling that Angola will be aboard the S.S. Minnow on JDV's next video?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No. Angola! has far, far, far better taste than that, and if he doesn't, I'm not speaking to him anymore.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I just have to say, I found it fascinating that a post from westcoastvol was immediately followed by funky_mountain talking about getting his grill ready. :D

But seriously.....Angola!, I haven't chimed in up until now, but I sincerely hope you're okay and I'm very glad you've been able to find some positive reinforcement here. I wish you all the best.

Draft saved Draft deleted