1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIVORCE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, May 27, 2007.

1. Except you.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been through the divorce heartache twice...once was my choice and the other was hers. Both times it sucks because it feels like some part of you has died (which, in a sense, it has) and your whole life's direction changes suddenly.

The best remedy is the knowledge that it will eventually pass and you'll move on. Just decide, without any wavering at all, that no matter what happens in your life, you'll accept it, adapt and move on.

After all, what other option do you really have?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Snorting blow off a stripper's ass seems like a nice option.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I admire people who get married young and make it work, but damn is it hard.

5. boots

boots New Member

You will be fine. It's going to take some time, but you're going to be better than you ever have been. I highly recommend eharmony.com.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I actually agree with stoob on this one. I did an eharmony profile and the thing was shockingly accurate in the way it described me and my ideal woman.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did it find her for you?

I've heard many successful Internet dating stories. Two of my best friends met and got married through match.com and another buddy has found eternal bliss.

Yet I remain leery.

8. boots

boots New Member

It has the coveted boots seal of approval.

9. Moderator1

I haven't offered mine yet. Still need testimony.
    eHarmony for older folks, match for young 'uns? Do I have that right? Or does mySpace take care of that?

10. boots

boots New Member

Match and eharmony work the same way. You will get results. The rest is on you.

11. Moderator1

Will the fact that I have a wife skew the results?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If you want it to.

Draft saved Draft deleted