1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divorce Canadian style

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Amazing Divorce story of the story.
    This SOB is stubborn. Wow.

Exclusive: This man went to jail rather than pay his ex-wife $10 million in epic divorce battle

I think there was a similar case in the US decades ago: a very rich man opted to go to jail rather than pay his spouse.
    The difference here is this lady seems genuinely entitled to the money. Her husband is a slime bag in almost every way.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cordell and Cordell will be expanding to Canada soon.

Batman likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Another Canadian divorce story: Dave Foley' wouldn't travel to Canada because he couldn't afford to pay child support. He divorced at the time of Newsradio. When the show ended, his income was drastically reduced, but the Canadian court wouldn't reduce his payments. I don't know if it is still the case.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Pussy judge only givin him six months? He should sit in jail until he writes the check

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Canadian style is where they can both watch the hockey game at the same time.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If I got caught laundering money for a client, I'd lose my license and likely be sent to jail. Canadian justice is apparently fairly lenient.

Draft saved Draft deleted