1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine intervention

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Did Jesus Christ actually die? Is that actually disputed somewhere? I didn't say anything about the resurrection or whether or not I believe in it. I don't think a message board is a great place for a theology debate. My only point is show a little respect for people's beliefs. That's it. I don't care what religion you are. Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, agnostic or atheist. No matter whether you think it's the truth or complete crap, just show some class.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

latern, my friend tomas was just joking. calm down a bit man.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I was offended as well. And if Yawn or any other board outcast had made the joke, he'd be taken behind the woodshed.

Personally, Tom strikes me as one of the biggest assholes on the board, yet he's given a pass. Go figure.

4. How is Tom being given a pass if he didn't post the picture? I'd say the opposite is true. You're piling on the guy who didn't make the joke. If you really have an issue, go after the guy who posted the photo.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

noted, walt. i'm not going to get this thread locked, but now that i see you're up for hurling insults, so be it.

also, you might want to take the time to actually read a thread before posting, chief.

6. It's not a joke I'd have made, but I wasn't offended.
    And how could anyone be offended by anything Tom said or did? You'd have to believe he was actually being serious about a topic before you could let it bother you, right?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Locked. Rumpleforeskin, that was offensive. This thread didn't have to go that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.