1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine intervention

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

That's him - I mean, he can see the whole field.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Divine intervention?

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I heard he once turned 1 home run into 40.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No, that was steroids. How else do you explain Brady Anderson jacking 50 in one year?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Is the answer Mike Devereaux?

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Here's a theological question for the board:

If Baseball Jesus is all powerful, can he throw a curveball that even he couldn't hit?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If Jesus makes the third out, does he come back for another at-bat?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Whenever we fall behind, I yank the starting pitcher and send in His Holiness.

Jesus saves.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Only after Peter denied him three times, right?

I'm so going to hell for that.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Reporter: So you guys have lost six in a row and fallen out of first place. Why is this team struggling so much right now?
    Judas: Well, that Jesus guy just isn't pulling his weight. He's blown what, five saves this month? Dude is more concerned with saving souls than saving games. Our third baseman doesn't have that problem. He's on some sort of mission.
    Reporter: Yeah, Mohammed's sure smashing the ball.
    Judas: Sure is. He's a little intense, but it's really just passion. He wants all the fans on his side, whether they like it or not.
    Reporter: What about your other teammates? Do you feel like they share that passion?
    Judas: Some do, some don't. Buddha's always worried about killing a bird ever since he saw Randy Johnson do it. He used to chunk it, but he's lost 5 mph off his fastball and put on 20 pounds since then. Not that you can tell. And Shiva has that great delivery, what with the eight arms and all. You can't tell wear the ball is coming from. If she'd just get her head in the game and stop whining about the concession stand serving hamburgers, she'd be unstoppable.
    Reporter: What about your contract situation, Judas? Any progress there?
    Judas: Yeah, a little. They're giving me an extra 30 thousand for winning the Silver Slugger last season. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, nice. But I'm sure that time could have been put toward something a little more productive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.