1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Distractions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 20, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK.. I need distractions. We're in the middle of some severe weather that is associated with 80 mph winds and tornados.. I am TERRIFIED of severe weather...

Anyone care to give me distractions? Pictures of attractive men, funny stories... anything?

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Try running around outside in a big open space with a golf club raised high in the air. I understand that makes for some very exciting times.

3. joe

joe Active Member

"Storm Stories" on The Weather Channel.

4. joe

joe Active Member

Or, as the Lee Trevino story goes, hold a 1-iron up in the air. Not even god can hit a 1-iron.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

See flash's post about keeping everything hairless.

Oops, sorry, only works if you're male.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

spup - the first three tornado warnings my family ever witnessed happened while i was at work. the fourth came a few months ago when i was at home on a sunday. all three ladies in my life started freaking out and the oldest heartbreaker actually started shaking.

i called bullshit of being afraid of this type of stuff. i walked out into the driveway, looked north, and the biggest, blackest cloud i'd ever seen was bearing down on us with weird (i'm not all that familiar with tornados, either) little funnel jobbies coming out of it.

the family took off for the crawlspace, and i simply said "bullshit, come out here and enjoy this with me." we stood in the middle of the street and watched that big black knarly bastard pass over us. we were one minute away from being able to access the crawlspace and i figured if a funnel cloud came down and smacked the very spot we were standing that we were the most unlucky bastards on the face of the earth and our time would soon be up any way.

i proceded to wash my car (without a hose) in the downpour that followed the cloud while my family watched and listened to music sitting in lawn chairs in the gararge. they no longer are terrified of tornados, but they do respect them enough to probably never stand in the street while a potential tornado passes overhead.

FWIW.

7. Um, spup, plugging in your computer during a severe storm might not be the best idea ...

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Doesn't sound all that bright TP, though I do like to stand in my garage and watch the wicked thunderstorms that hit our area. Thunder and lightning doesn't tend to scare me, though I think I would hide like a baby if a tornado hit.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The bears game is now distracting me. It looks like most of the storm is past us. I just have panic attacks if I'm alone with high winds, lightening and hail storms.

Unfortunately, the storm knocked out most of our HD channels so I have to the Super Bowl replay in regular channels.

Oh and sexy rexy... you're looking like rex of late... breaking my heart!

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What, is he throwing interceptions at an alarming rate and costing his team wins?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No...fumbles. And Peyton vs. Rex? I love Rex but I'm going to have to take Peyton every time.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

If there are storms, shouldn't you be taking cover?

Draft saved Draft deleted