1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dissecting pop culture: SJ.com live blogs Hoosiers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Dec 12, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought the thread title said "Hooters". That's a live blog I want to read. (He said as a woman with a sheer white top and green bra walked in -- no, really!)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bubbler, that was perfection, right down to my only contribution being an inane WHAT? near the climactic moment.

It truly is an honor, my good man.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Least you got a contribution...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love the holiday season.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Either you're incredibly fucking creative, or the carbon monoxide leak from your furnace is kicking in. Excellent!

I'm as big as Hoosiers lover as anyone, but I can't help but notice that Norman Dale, in the end, didn't do shit other than get Jimmy back on the team. I mean, the Huskers were, what, 15-10 the year before, and after Chitwood returned, most of the offense was give Jimmy the ball and get the hell out of the way. Bill Simmons (awaiting rotten fruit being thrown at me for invoking his name) had a great statistical breakdown of the final, and found Jimmy probably scored 30 points. Four passes before you shoot, my ass. Can't win without talent. Then again, big players make big plays in big games. Too bad everyone had to do the dramatic, thinking-of-Shooter pause to for Norman Dale to figure that out.

In other news, a while back I read a where-are-they-now piece on the real Jimmy Chitwood in which he said the original script he saw had Jimmy coming back to the team after the tragedy of... his brother breaking an arm in a donkey basketball game. Though that gives me an idea for Hoosiers 2: Get Up on His Ass!

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Bubbler ... That was awesome! You encapsulated so many of the personalities down to a T. :)

[​IMG]

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wrote a Hoosiers 2 column once, shortly after class basketball began in Indiana. The jist was all of the glory of Hoosiers ruined by the soul-sucking bullshit of class basketball. Stuff like Hickory getting excited to play North Central in the championship game ... (Farmersburg). Before Norman Dale could utter the "I love you guys line" the team is booted off the floor by the custodian who needs to move their asses out so the 2A game can begin.

I wish I could find it, it was pretty good, but its been lost to history.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sorry man. There were some posters I avoided deliberately (21 for example) because they don't generally post on these "live" threads. Oz was all over this thing initially, but I gave some of his posts to others. I considered you, Slap, but you don't strike me as a "live" guy either.

In retrospect, Dog is probably one guy I should have had. Messed that up.

Then there's some posters I avoided because, well, they're dicks.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Bubbler:

Bravo.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You have hoops using capital letters. You lose.

11. Wow.
    Just fucking wow.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Shameless bump because Bubbler's a genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted