1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disneyworld advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know it sounds shitty, but they do help people out that might need help. And there is something where parents can reride something if they have a kid that does not want to ride or only one parent to ride. It does not apply to my family, but there is some thing they do to help out if a child does not have someone to ride with.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I would rather take the family to Afghanistan.

3. 93Devil

Of course you would.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm glad they have it. Disney thinks of everything.

Oh, and Slick Ric checks in:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Investigate whether your child is autistic? How does that work ? Can you get a note from your pediatrician.

Maybe you can rent autistic children for the day.

6. No notes, and it doesn't always mean you can skip lines.

7. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

These people know nothing.

Stay on the park. If you belong to AAA, use it. If you are out of state, booking the meal plan basically gives you free food. Be aggressive in your bargaining. Staying on the monorail is the bomb. Younger kids, though, loves the buses. A really, really good best is the Port Orealns/French Quarter. It's a moderate and not terribly pricey. But as I said, by doing hotel, tickets and food, you always save. Monorail is king and the Epcot resorts are so good if you want to walk in the back entrance, but Port Orleans works for all. Nice setting. Good pool. Movie at night. Enough food options. Moderately priced.

By being aggressive, I mean call. Find the deals. Disney is really easy to deal with. They want you to come.

DO NOT come spring break or summer. too many people spring break. too fucking hot. Despite what some may say, the parks ARE NEVER empty. Are there emptier options? Yes. But, there are always people.

So, moderate hotel. If price is no option? Book the Contemporary, with castle view. If there's a bunch of you, might want to look into the vacation club options, which include Bay Tower at the Contemporary, Saratoga Springs and Key West. Condo style digs,which means you can eat breakfast in the room.

BOOK RESTAURANT OPTIONS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. many, many good choices. PM me for details.

8. 93Devil

They don't help trolls, though.

9. 93Devil

Port Orleans is nice, but it does seem more themed for old people. The Art of Animation will have rooms totally themed in Little Mermaid or there are Pirate themed rooms in some of the others resorts. The Polynesian is very cool and on the Monorail as well. We had breakfast there and really liked the place.

Stay away from Coronado. Stayed there last time and even though it was nice, it didn't wow us enough.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Park attendant: Sir, I don't believe your child is autistic.
    Skin-flint dad: Yes. Check it. Son, how much is a ticket to Magic Kingdom?
    Son: About 100 dollars.
    Dad: Okay, how much will you, your mom and me spend on dinner tonight?
    Dad: The Mickey Mouse windbreaker you saw in the store last night...how much does that cost?
    Park attendant: Story checks out.

Yeah, I'm going to hell.

11. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Um, I got to Disney, four, five times a year. I actually know what I'm talking about.

12. Lighten up, Francis.

Draft saved Draft deleted