1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney's Death Star is calling me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Expendable has a good point. Never stayed at the All-Star resorts, but depending on the time of year, you may find yourself bunked in with rooms filled with teenage baseball, softball, basketball players. I think that is where a lot of the kids who are going to the disney sports resort stay.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know how friends don't let friends go to Bama?
    Friends don't let friends go to Disney World.

3. ...Lord, I can't go back there.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I haven't been to Disney World since the late-70s (they were just building Epcot at that time), but the wife and I took Huggy Jr. (six at the time) to Disneyland when we were in Cali in the summer of 2006.

We'd done Knotts two days earlier and to me Disney couldn't compete. It was a lot pricier, extremely crowded (and overrun with day campers) and he just didn't get into it like we thought he would. We went back to the OC last summer and skipped Disney but did Knotts again.

I know DW and DL are two different destinations but that's my two cents...

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One of the shuttle drivers said that all of DL would fit into one of the parking lots at DW. I think as far as you were concerned, you chose wisely last summer.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We stayed at the Coronado Springs also and thought it was great. We didn't pre pay for meals since we ate lunch on the go, big breakfast and great dinners. The food at Disney is really wonderful.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I never go back there, I won't be upset in the least.

8. expendable

You're not missing anything there until you have rug rats.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Disney not bad if you relax and enjoy it.

If you run around trying to see everything, you'll be miserable.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Well, we know that's not going to be an issue for some time.

11. expendable

Yeah, there are a few bars in Orlando where he could better spend his money...

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Isn't five a little young? My parents took us to Disneyland when I was 8, and I don't remember much of it. I do remember that my little brother, who was six, wasn't tall enough to go on a lot of the good rides. I was mad because then we boycotted those, and he was mad because he was stuck on the teacups or whatever the fuck.

Also, with the brother-in-law, have your wife and her sister hash it out before anyone sets foot in a plane/car. Decide what the limits are, who will pay for what, etc. etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted