1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney says, "Make mine Marvel!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You are the looser of loosers.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I imagine it'll wind up getting sorted out by lawyers one way or another. Universal will want to keep the Marvel licensing agreements and will seek a grandfather clause. Will it go to court? Anyone's guess.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Disney would like to have what they paid for. But that would be ironic if Universal had to pay some sort of royalties to one of its biggest competitors. I'm guessing a lot of those rides would get rebranded real quick.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure whatever arrangements those companies had with Marvel would still have to stand. Just because the company was sold doesn't mean the contracts are suddenly invalid.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. That only happens in journalism.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I got it and I got laid in high school. Girl geeks rule! :D

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Outing alert, sportschick below:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hate to threadjack, but what is geek sex like?
    If you get kinky is there confusion because someone thinks it's cosplay instead of roleplaying?
    Instead of lingerie, does the girl geek have to wear a Vampirella costume to bed?
    Does the boy geek insist on being called "Mr. Fantastic"?
    Does foreplay consist of the girl geek casting a +6 enhancement spell on the boy geek's crotch?
    if the boy geek finishes on her grille, do the girl geek's braces stick together for a week?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A big move by Disney - movies, comic, throw in the amusement parks - let alone the TV stuff, video games. Nice to know Stan Lee won't be retiring in poverty.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not that the guy is hurting, but if I remember correctly, Lee kinda got screwed over and doesn't get near the royalties on his creations that he should.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

As a fan of comic books, Islands of Adventure and the Disney parks, I'm pretty excited thinking what Disney Imagineers (their actual title) can come up with now.

As for "team Rodent" "interfering with the creative process," I would guess you don't have anything to worry about there. Disney is, above everything else, a money-making juggernaut. And they have seen that comic movies with a bit of an edge will sell. There's only so much oversight "Team Rodent" can have over its various properties.

Excelsior, true believers!

(Batman already took the no-prize joke)

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Absolutely fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted