1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney says, "Make mine Marvel!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 31, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I imagine this means there will be a full-out assault of comic-book characters at your movie theater. (Like there's not already.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/ap_on_bi_ge/us_disney_marvel_entertainment

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you get this thread title, you probably did not get laid in high school.

(I got it).

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nuf' said.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder how this will go for the movie properties that were not part of Marvel Studios, which includes Spider-man, X-Men, Wolverine and Deadpool.

I'm guessing this is going to be a bad thing, with Disney types sticking their noses into the creative side of things far too much.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

How will this affect their main competitor in Orlando, Universal Studios? They have multi-million dollar attractions based on the Marvel franchise. What a kick in the nuts this could be for Universal long-term.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I have to agree with the whole Team Rodent sticking their noses into the creative side of things too much. I'm also curious what franchises this directly impacts.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Marvel has a heavy presence at Universal Studios parks in Orlando. Best ride there is the Spider-man ride at US Islands of Adventure. I wonder what, if any, impact this will have on the park, since Universal is in direct competition with Disney World.

damn, D. Sanchez beat me to it ...

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I was thinking of this, too. The biggest ride at Islands of Adventure is the Hulk roller coaster.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I expect X-Men tie-ins to SportsCenter by Friday.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I didn't get the thread title OR get laid in high school.

Damn.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got it.
    Do I get a no-prize?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is extremely disappointing news.

Draft saved Draft deleted