1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dishwashers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jan 8, 2013.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Wish I could say I was that young. My sisters got a good laugh out of it, though.

2. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

We bought an ASKO recently based on reputation but most importantly adjustability of the racks. We use flat pasta/soup bowls frequently so took one and tried it in every dishwasher in the store (Coast Appliances in Calgary). ASKO was the only dishwasher that held them in proper orientation for washing. Only knock is having to push a power "on" button. Washes and dries well, is quiet and has its own hot water heater.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Consumer Reports ranks a Bosch highest. My mother has had one for 12 years and it's great; I can't wait until mine dies (it's very, very loud) so I can replace it with a Bosch.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Bosch, indeed.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'll third Bosch. Expensive as hell, though, and might not be worth the $$.

I live an old building and for some reason our board of directors randomly decided years ago that the plumbing couldn't handle dishwashers so they weren't allowed. ... Until we actually hired an engineer because enough people thought it was nonsensical. ... and the engineer said dishwashers were fine.

I think I was the first person to get one, because that coincided with me tearing my place to the studs and just redoing it. It seemed really cool at first, but the truth be told, we barely use the thing. We just wash our dishes by hand 97 percent of the time.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I read the thread title and was relieved to find out it wasn't in the jobs folder.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I do not see how any family with children wouldn't make a dishwasher a top priority. They ain't gonna wash 'em, and their glassware use is astonishing.

8. I second the comment on a drying mechanism. It's really only a problem for us on plastic cups where the bottom edges are raised. But it means having to dry every one of them again.

Draft saved Draft deleted