1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discrimination is a real bitch, isn't it?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

You know, there are people who can justifiably throw out the discrimination card ... but this chick needs to have her ass kicked.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/city/story.html?id=cc722c0b-38e1-46b0-bebb-85319732213f

A young store manager is blaming excessive security at Calgary's largest mall for causing her to lose her job following a public tiff last week.

Last Friday around 3:30 p.m., Stephanie Gick, 22, and her co-worker boyfriend Justin Andruszkiewicz took a work-related disagreement at Kernels in Chinook Centre mall outside to the parking lot.

When Andruszkiewicz began yelling, mall security showed up and issued a six-month ban to each, effectively ending their employment at Kernels.

"I honestly question if it was because of my physical appearance," she said.

"Would (they) have done that if it was a blond woman and her daughter, or is it because I have pink hair and tattoos?"

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You shouldn't date a co-worker at a popcorn store. Eventually, the guy is going to try the ol' popcorn box trick.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I was <i>this close</i> to spraying Vault Zero on the screen over that. :)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit! I get a commission for every screen spritzed.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love mall romance.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They still have popcorn stores? That's so 80's.

Also, if I thought Pink was entering the mall, I'd ban her on general principle.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only proves that mall security guys are dickheads.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Does her boyfriend (or ex?) have pink hair and tattoos as well?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Was mall security driving one of those little three-wheel carts with the yellow light on top? Very, very intimidating.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do they kick you out of the mall for six months anyway? Do they staple one of those security tags onto your T-shirt so if you try to go into a store the alarm goes off?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, but it's the $5.99 shades that scare the people.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Hey it worked for Boogie in "Diner." Kinda sorta.

Draft saved Draft deleted