1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discovering Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Apr 10, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I love Cera and from what I heard, he's definitely interested in the movie. He's a great kid from all accounts and fame has not gotten to his head. He does have a packed schedule as he's the most successful post-AD talent, but I'm confident that he can fit some time in for this Arrested Development movie. But as much as I love George Michael, they could do the show without him (or maybe an occasional episode guest appearence). Sometimes, they went long stretches without an appearence and if the rest of the core is back (along with the writers and perhaps some new characters) than I see no reason why it wouldn't be as funny and brilliant.

And I think everyone's supposed to see themselves most in Michael -- he's the only normal one of the bunch. Jason Bateman is excellent. Underrated in this show and is really the glue that holds everything together so brilliantly.

Tobias is my favorite character as well. But Buster is very close behind. Tony Hale's facial and vocal expressions were unbeleiveable.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Knowing my sense of humor, a co-worker of mine lended me his "Arrested Development" DVDs and demanded that I watch.
    I did and it's easily one of my top 2 or 3 comedy shows of all time. Genius is the only word I can use that accurately describes it. So many little touches, too. I can watch an episode 2 or 3 times and still catch something I missed before and still be awed by the creativity of the writers.

Until I read this thread, I had no clue there was a movie coming. You all just made my night.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Oh man, AD has to be one of the cleverest shows ever made. I was introduced to it last year, and rolled through the DVD's. It just never gets old. Season 3 may have wilted a bit, but that was only because the writers knew they were going off the air. Whenever I see the actors that played Tobias and Buster, especially, AD is all I can think of. And Tripp's right, no matter how many times you watched an episode, there was always something new to pick up.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

Steve Holt!

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I can't wait to read GBNF's thoughts on the various chicken impersonations.

[​IMG]

Caw-ca-caw-ca-caw-ca-caw

Cha-chee-cha-chee

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Great show. One of these days I'm going to sit down and watch every episode, because I think I missed a few.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

It was a wonderful show. I could never understand the lack of an audience.

When they do the movie, I just hope they still have the airplane ramp-truck thing for Michael to drive around.

Also, between this series and Larry Sanders, Jeffrey Tambor is my hero.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still haven't seen this show. I'll check it out on hulu when I can.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I still think that the end of Pier Pressure (Hot cops, and "That's why you don't teach lessons") and end of Mr. F (Tobias in a mole suit, fighting George Michael in a jet boy backpack as the Japanese investors watch) provided the two biggest laughs I've ever gotten watching a sitcom.

But fuck, I could make jokes about this show for hours.

No touching!

Gene Parmesean! (Ahhhh! He got me again!)

Never nudes.

Lucille 2.

Mr. Banana Grabber.

Solid as Iraq!

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Has anyone in this family ever actually seen a chicken?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And of course, there's the infamous...

"I've made a huge mistake."

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My all-time favorite line. Henry Winkler as their hapless attorney deadpanning: "Those are balls."

Draft saved Draft deleted