1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

disconnecting a car alarm...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 24, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

anyone have any ideas? my son's hyundai is in the driveway, alarm running amok, he's in fla. with the only set of keys. anyone know wire to unplug once we have the car unlocked by AAA? i'm trying to calm down mrs. shockey, freaked that the neighbors will hate us...

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

If it's a factory alarm (and maybe even if it isn't), you might try calling a local Hyundai dealership. They might be able to help.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had one years ago that had a wire connected to the battery. Disconnect that, and the alarm would go dead.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. finally popped the hood disconnected the battery so he can reconnect with ease on sunday to return to school. thanks, everybody. mrs. shockey is a whole different person already. whew!! ;D ;D ;D

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Next thread by Shockey: "Hotwiring a car." :)

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

lol. ;D ;D ;D

7. doctorx

doctorx Member

I was going to suggest having the State Farm 'mayhem' guy come over and take care of it. Glad to see he wasn't needed.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know spnited set off that alarm just so his good friend shockey would start a thread, and he could holler from the heavens, 'STUPID THREAD!!'

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

shuddup, old man. :D ;) 8)

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Has anyone in the last 25 years heard a car alarm and thought "Hey that car is getting stolen."?

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Next thread should actually be: why your kid needs to buy a second set of keys, or leave his car keys with you when he goes to Florida!

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Edited for clarity ...
    (You're still missed, S-P ... )

Draft saved Draft deleted