1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discomfort food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually, the broth and hominy in menudo taste good. I've never heard of it being made with calf's feet, but it wouldn't surprise. My only complaint with menudo is I don't like tripe.
    I just haven't found any offal that I've enjoyed. I don't like tripe, kidneys or liver. I tried a Filipino dish that was a melange of organ meats chopped and served in a casserole dish in what I think was blood. It was terrible. I tried a Nigerian dish that included cooked ox/cow skin/grissle. (It wasn't leather. It curled up during cooking so that it looked like manicotti, and had this challenging, chewy texture.)
    I'm done with offal. I've given it an honest shot. I don't like it. If politeness does not require that I eat it, as was the casein the latter two examples, I'm not eating it.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not a fan of haggis, Buck?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But probably far better than the other menudo...
    [​IMG]

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never tried it, and probably won't.
    I will say, if I was actually in Scotland, I might try it just for the experience.
    But I have no trips to Scotland planned in the near fututre.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've had it and all I know is all the HP Sauce in the world can't make it taste decent.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you don't like sweet tea or chicken fried steak? there's no reason in the world anyoen should take anything you say seriously

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nothing at McDonald's tastes the way real food is supposed to taste.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's good for being a McDonald's product, but yeah, it's a bit sweet even for this sugar-crazy fatass Southern hoss.

Chick-Fil-A and (sometimes) Hardee's has the best sweet tea among national chains. Hardee's is a little better, but it's more inconsistent. Bojangles does good tea, but you expect that.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Since this is food related, I have to post this. It's one of my all time favourite billboards
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If there's just a hint of sweetness, what's the difference between Southern sweet tea and regular iced tea?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unsweetened iced tea has no sweetness to it at all.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

A phrase not often seen on SportsJournalists.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted