1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discomfort food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Same with lamb fries. Eating some animal's nads just doesn't sound good to me.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sweet tea, made right and with a twist of lemon, has no rivals among summertime beverages....other than a beer after mowing.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

who dat?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I just find sweet tea too, well, sweet... almost syrupy

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah, well, that's why it is made wrong.

Limit the sugar to maybe a 3/4 cup per gallon and a whole lemon. Drop the sugar in the boiled pot of tea mix after its cooled enough not to break the glass pitcher, then stir. Add water to fill. Too many go heavy on the sugar.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

can't stand sweet tea ... no sugar in my tea please.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

wouldn't make it.. .but there are two companies here who make iced tea... people LOVE them, and the unsweet is fine.
    But the sweet? No thanks...

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Anything seasoned with Old Bay. Yecch.

And I'm with BBAM -- no sugar in my tea.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Is the sweet tea they're serving at McDonald's the way its supposed to taste? I find it way too sweet for my liking, so I'd be curious to hear from authentic sweet tea drinkers.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Promised the gang at my last stop that I'd try the local delicacy before I left. And I kept my word.

Friends, I offer you menudo:

menudo
    [meh-NOO-doh, meh-NOO-thoh]Long touted as a hangover cure, menudo is particularly popular in Mexico on New Year's morning. It's a hearty, spicy soup made with TRIPE, CALF'S FEET, green CHILES, HOMINY and seasonings. It's usually garnished with lime wedges, bowls of chopped chiles and onion and served with hot TORTILLAS.

[​IMG]

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That looks like afterbirth.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's a touch too sweet ... and I'm in the South.

Some people make sweet tea with so much sugar it'll send some people into diabetic comas. Yawn has it right, you want just a hint of sweetness.

Draft saved Draft deleted