1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's some awful big hypothesizing with no facts.

Another possible explanation is that she is a thug who was emboldened by getting away with increasingly larger offenses throughout the game.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, because people choose to perpetuate them because that's all they have.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Because nobody dives in soccer ::)

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Your possible explanation is no different than my awful big hypothesizing.

This is how I see it: Once the BYU striker elbowed the fullback in the belly -- IMO, on purpose, with intent -- then the shit was on.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

This is very true. There has always seemed to me a difference in how referees in this area officiate girls and boys matches, and I think that can be applied on a wider basis than just the area I have close experience with.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And nobody dives in hockey, basketball, football or any North American sport, right?

Funny how it's always soccer that gets tagged with that label by those who don't know any better.

7. Songbird

Dude, the BYU girl who got yanked down was trying to grab at No. 15's snatch. Fuck that shit. You give, you get.

And as for the elbow, No. 7 from BYU planted it straight into 15's gut.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Exactly. So let's stick to the facts.

So if one player elbows you, you are now given a free pass for the rest of the game to do anything you want to a completely different opposing player?

That's asinine in the extreme.

9. Songbird

I want 15 on my team. She is hard-nosed gritty. Great tackling on 7 in the corner, without any post-tackle chicanery. Great player.

10. Songbird

Rick, look again at the video. The girl whose hair was yanked was grabbing at 15's shorts very close to the crotch area.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Really? The player was already tackled. The play was whistled dead. Spikes went and reached into the players helmet and started to claw at his eyes.

If anything the “pulling of hair” was more “in the heat of battle” because the clock was running and play was ongoing. Spikes could have blinded his opponent and ruined the man’s life permanently.

I can’t believe you would defend that thug. But, I guess since the guy plays football it is just fine…

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Any more words you want to put in my mouth?

Last I remember the teams in question were playing soccer

Draft saved Draft deleted