1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Anyone just see the New Mexico-BYU women's soccer highlights on ESPN? New Mexico might be the dirtiest team I've ever seen.

Can't find the video but it's shocking. On one play a UNM player grabs a BYU girl's ponytail from behind, gives it an all-out yank and just slams her down to the turf. On another play a BYU girl is tripped and as she's lying on the ground a UNM player kicks the ball directly in her face from point-blank range.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

And it's really surprising when you consider this is the Lobos' coaching staff ..

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Wasn't the same New Mexico player at the center of every highlight? I got the idea it was just her that was dirty rather than the whole team.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yes, No. 15:

http://www.golobos.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/lambert_elizabeth00.html

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The description in this thread does this no justice. Holy shit!

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

She's an embarrassment. More embarrassing is that I heard only ONE mention of a penalty, a yellow card? Why was she not kicked out of the game when she threw the opponent to the ground?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't realize it was the same player. That's their last game of the season but since she has a year of eligibility remaining the MWC commish better step in and suspend her for a couple games next year. Pretty tough to overlook that video evidence.

8. NoOneLikesUs

The Wimbledon Crazy Gang would be proud of her.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And even tougher for the MWC to look the other way when ESPN devotes a segment of SC to it.

10. NoOneLikesUs

Think of how many tickets she's going to sell though!

11. I have no idea how her college career isn't over. Especially in a non-rev sport.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted