1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Anyone just see the New Mexico-BYU women's soccer highlights on ESPN? New Mexico might be the dirtiest team I've ever seen.

Can't find the video but it's shocking. On one play a UNM player grabs a BYU girl's ponytail from behind, gives it an all-out yank and just slams her down to the turf. On another play a BYU girl is tripped and as she's lying on the ground a UNM player kicks the ball directly in her face from point-blank range.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

And it's really surprising when you consider this is the Lobos' coaching staff ..

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Wasn't the same New Mexico player at the center of every highlight? I got the idea it was just her that was dirty rather than the whole team.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yes, No. 15:

http://www.golobos.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/lambert_elizabeth00.html

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The description in this thread does this no justice. Holy shit!

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

She's an embarrassment. More embarrassing is that I heard only ONE mention of a penalty, a yellow card? Why was she not kicked out of the game when she threw the opponent to the ground?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't realize it was the same player. That's their last game of the season but since she has a year of eligibility remaining the MWC commish better step in and suspend her for a couple games next year. Pretty tough to overlook that video evidence.

8. NoOneLikesUs

The Wimbledon Crazy Gang would be proud of her.

9. Oz

Oz Active Member

And even tougher for the MWC to look the other way when ESPN devotes a segment of SC to it.

10. NoOneLikesUs

Think of how many tickets she's going to sell though!

11. I have no idea how her college career isn't over. Especially in a non-rev sport.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted