1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DirecTV or Dish Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Update: Loving my DirecTV and the sports pack. Saw several good college basketball games over the weekend that I wouldn't have normally seen. Plus, caught the re-airing of the Fiesta Bowl last night.

Additional bonus, the installers were able to use the satelitte dish owned by my apt. complex (which has very good placement), instead of having a separate one for me. Therefore, I didn't have any excess cables running throughout my place to connect receivers in other rooms ... just from my normal cable outlets.

Another bonus, I was told the installers would be there between 8 and Noon .. they showed up at 8:03. DirecTV installed by 9 a.m.

2. DirecTV routinely cleans up on customer servive awards and while I'm sure some have had some bad instances with them, I have never had a problem.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Don't you buy no ugly dish. /woman on local Insight Cable commercial

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, like I said, I've had big dish, little dish and cable. And I can be quite happy with any of them (OK, not big dish anymore, but...). It's not a matter of one being definitively better than the other; it's more a matter of where you are.

Draft saved Draft deleted