1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DirecTV install rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Apr 1, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Put me in the camp of DirecTV lovers. Had Dish Network before and the customer service is night-and-day better. And I've had the same experience about getting this-and-that free whenever calling for trouble. I wish I had complained when Versus was gone just to see what they might have coughed up.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

DirecTV is great. Never had an issue - best customer service I've received. Thinking of switching to DirecTV for Internet, too, because my Internet service blows.

Only know one person who has it and he says it is pretty good.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

love me some DTV too.

they just upgraded my bedroom receiver to DVR for free and gave me free HBO for the next four months for being "loyal", and I was just going to cancel HBO because "Curb" ended.

The guy who came out to install my new receiver came on one of the worse weather days we had this winter (sleet, freezing rain blaring down). I told him not to worry, but he insisted on coming out and doing the necessary outside work required for the install.

Never had any issues with them whatsover. As a whole, it's the best customer service I've had with any business.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you ever have a hurricane travel over your house, call DTV BEFORE the storm stops (when everybody else calls).

Hurricane Wilma blew my dish off its mountings (and I actually still had reception until that moment), and I called them immediately to schedule installment of a replacement dish. They were able to come in 4 days.

Had I called the next day, the wait would have been longer than a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted