1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DirecTV acknowledges proposed deal for exclusive Extra Innings rights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this exclusivity deal will still carry the bullshit blackout rules already in effect.

Somebody needs to tell the pinheads at MLB that the vast majority of people with EI have it to watch their favorite team and they won't tune into the game of the week when their team is blacked out.

Fuckers.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The exclusivity on Saturdays when the Fox network does games really stinks.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

If you have S-Video for your computer and tv you can watch it on your tv using an S-Video cable.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Will you please translate that one for those of us who read English?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

My God. This is one of the very, very few times I'm happy to be an MLB fan in Canada.

EDIT: http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=698&Itemid=52

In an e-mail from Rogers Cable:
    We are happy to tell you that we will be carrying MLB Extra Innings for this 2007 season and there are two ways that you are able to view this. You can either purchase it for $159.99 as a one time charge for the whole season or you can get the Rogers Super Sports Pack for $26.95 per month and also NFL Sunday Ticket, OHL Action Pack, NHL Centre Ice, NCAA Pack, NASCAR In-Car and NBA League Pass.

7. FUCK YOU, CANUCKISTAN!!! :mad:

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I have this package and it is INSANE.

Literally thousands of games are available.

And, remember, what you have quoted above does not include Canada's three all-sports networks (TSN, Rogers Sportsnet or The Score), Raptors TV (all Raptors and NBA/college hoops/development league), Leafs TV (all Leafs and Marlies and AHL/College hockey), Fox Sports World (mostly soccer) or GolTV (all soccer).

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Do you ever leave your house?

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Only to work, buy groceries (read: pick up pizza), run errands.

Thing is, working afternoons at a daily, I miss a lot of stuff — and I don't own TiVo. But during the day this week was great, lots of NCAA games. And April is PACKED with day ball games.

Draft saved Draft deleted