1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Director of Print Content - Sports -- The Clarion-Ledger Media Group

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jun 12, 2014.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Come join a top-notch sports journalism team! The Clarion-Ledger won 10 APSEs in 2014 and captured the Triple Crown in 2013. It’s big-time college sports here, with two SEC schools and two other Division I schools in our immediate coverage area.

We are looking for a creative leader to help take our award-winning print products to the next level. The director of sports print content will be responsible for the print product at both The Clarion-Ledger at Jackson, MS and the Hattiesburg American. The ideal candidate will need to have the ability to produce smart, eye-catching sections by working with the Gannett design studio.

This manager will be based in Hattiesburg and supervise production of the printed sports sections at both sites. The selected candidate will manage and coordinate the activities of the sports producer and oversee/schedule our part-time desk staff (sports assistants and part-time copy editor).

Needed skills and experience include:

-- Ability to meet nightly deadlines
    -- Background in planning and executing design packages
    -- Management experience, particularly leading a night-time sports operation
    -- Strong and effective communicator
    -- Ability to work efficiently with an off-site design team, staff, and sports editor
    -- Editing skills to make our stories clear and meet AP/local style rules.

Hattiesburg has a metro area of about 140,000 and offers a low cost of living and a family friendly environment. It’s also home to the University of Southern Mississippi and is only about an hour from the beach and 2 hours from New Orleans!

This position reports to the Sports Editor, Zack Creglow zcreglow@jackson.gannett.com

Please include a resume with references with your submission.

Apply at: http://bit.ly/1iryu5u

No phone calls please

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1595723

2. Tommy Deas

Tommy Deas Member

Zack is doing a great job with this operation. Sounds like a good gig, and Hattiesburg has a lot going for it, not the least of which is proximity to New Orleans and Mobile, two of my favorite cities.

3. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

This sounds like a pretty good gig

4. Zack Creglow

Zack Creglow New Member

If anyone has questions about this job, please let me know and I'll try to answer as best I can. I can be reached best at zcreglow@jackson.gannett.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted