1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dir. of Communications, Women's Professional Soccer, San Francisco

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, May 21, 2008.

1. thebigd

thebigd Member

All I can say SF is one of the most expensive places to live in. Sounds like a challenging job to say the lest

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

the very lest

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is six months too optimistic?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, this should be on a decent footing for at least a few seasons. Whether they can get a TV deal will be important for the long-run, but the model they've set up for the league is similar to that MLS implemented, and some teams will be using MLS teams soccer-specific stadia.

I'd say it'll last longer than the WUSA.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mizzou just likes to salivate at the thought of women's leagues failing.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It could just be the fact that every league, save the NBA-supported WNBA, has.

That said, if you are able to negotiate even a small ripple in the over-saturated sporting landscape, you could probably get a plum gig when the league does fail/demand salary cutbacks.

7. Mizzougrad96

That's complete bullshit... I covered women's pro hoops early in my career and loved it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Well let's see... I have said on this board before that one of the best events I ever covered was the 1996 Gold Medal soccer game at the Olympics. I also covered every round of the 1999 World Cup, which was incredible.

I would love for this league to be a success... But it won't be...

Draft saved Draft deleted