1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dino Costa vs. the world

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, May 28, 2014.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd never heard of this guy until a lot of national guys started tweeting about him. Seems he's been copying and pasting tons of stories onto his website.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/dino-costas-website-is-plagiarizing-everyone-in-sports-including-us.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There's a link on there that says "Dino on Women's Sports."

I almost want to listen. Almost.

3. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I've heard the name but I'd be hard-pressed to tell you what he does and where he does it.

But I'd be surprised if he suffers even the slightest repercussions

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Costa was the night guy on Mad Dog radio. Wildly outspoken and was suspended
    a few times for things he said. Final straw was when he got critical of Mad Dog program
    and was fired.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I remember Sirius XM booted Steve Czaban, maybe September of last year for this guy, but within a week or two, Czaban was back on XM 209. About a month after that he was back on 208, and Costa was either put on another channel or fired. All Costa did was complain about his time slot the week or so I tried to listen to him.

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Oh, I remember him now. In fact...he may have been the one to do something I (unfairly) railed on Mad Dog for during a thread.

I've never had XM for an extended period of time but I borrowed a family members car for a couple of weeks some time back and the host of that channel was having a bad night, was ranting about something, and the he stopped suddenly and put a caller through. The caller fumbled through a "Oh, hello" that we've heard from thousands of callers before the host started on a "What do you want? Why are you interrupting me? Get the hell off my show."

The whole time I'm thinking "Why did you even put him through if you had no desire to take a call?"

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The half-assed "apology" and the mocking after the "apology" was all I needed to know about this guy.

I wonder what proud university is claiming his journalism degree?

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Active Member

Costa did not start in media until he was 33, per Wikipedia. I think I remember reading an article when he was in Denver saying that before that he worked in the landscaping field.

Draft saved Draft deleted