1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinner with anyone ... Top-3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was trying to limit my list to those of the living, hence no HST, or Lincoln, or FDR, or Buck O'Neil, etc.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

1. My paternal grandfather (he died 12 days after I was born. He never had a chance to see me. He was battling cancer.)
    2. Hayden Fry (yeah, I'm a homer and I love coaching stories)
    3(tie). George Plimpton (I miss him hosting "Mousterpiece Theater." The man was interesting enough to do anything.)
    3(tie). David Halberstam (I would love to intellectually discuss sports and politics with him over dessert.)

My second three, for the sheer hell of it
    1. Bill Clinton ("I just want to know one question, Bill. Did Monica give good _____? Was she that damn good?")
    2. Bob Barker ("To hell with Snoop and Katt Williams. You are the coolest pimp on the face of the earth!!!")
    3. Whitlock (for reasons already mentioned about him throughout SportsJournalists.com)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Much more betterer now

4. For the guys here, why wouldn't you choose at least one or two of those way-out-of-our-league celebrity girls, like Anna Kournikova or Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan, just to see them in person? To be able to see her legs and arms in 3-D, you see her eyes shine from up close, to touch her skin, or see her playing with her hair, or see how she eats, or hear her excuse herself to go to the bathroom, or maybe just simply checking our her rack. You know, basically, to see the humanized side of your dream girl.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why ruin the fantasy?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She was on my list.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For typing with one hand, not a bad job.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Beauuuuuutiful.

"I just want to know one question, Bob. Did Janice and Dian offered to help your relieve your stress of doing TPIR?"

"I just want to know one question, Big Sexy. Are you going ask Ollie Gates to leave you the Gates B-B-Q franchise in his will?"

"I just want to know one question, Bill. Did you let guards get a piece of Gennifer Flowers after you tapped that ass?

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I've dined with Barkley. On Domino's Pizza, in fact, at his alma mater.

Had breakfast with Gary Carter, Terry Kennedy and Will Clark in Houston once when all were with the Giants. That didn't suck.

Shared a table with Helen Hunt in a deli off 50th Street in New York City one morning. Not very friendly, though.

But my Top 3:
    1. Bobby Jones
    2. Red Smith
    3. Anyone who ever played or coached in the ABA

10. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

1. Young Jeezy
    2. My future wife
    3. Tossup between Chad Billingsley and Cole Hamels

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'll try to write this coherently, but my eyes are welling up from the laughter at CR's choice of Young Jeezy.

Sorry CR, couldn't resist.

Anyway, living:
    1. Noel Gallagher
    2. Tony Blair
    3. John Wooden

Not so much with the living
    1. Red Auerbach
    2. Alex Hamilton
    3. Malcolm X

12. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Barkley would have to be involved. That guy's a riot. I'd need to talk to Sylvester Stallone, b/c I've got some questions that need to be answered (WHY?!?!?!??). Walter Payton would be the third. We could all learn things from this man.

Draft saved Draft deleted