1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dining in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckner86, May 9, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I've always thought Morton's to be more of a guy place. I like the food better at Ruth's Chris, but they're both very good. The Pittsburgh Steak Company is too much of a mid-range, you-can-get-a-sandwich kind of place. It is NOT high-end.
    Unfortunately, Pittsburgh doesn't really have its own steak brand, the way Minneapolis has Manny's or Milwaukee has Mo's.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Any time I can get to Ruth's Chris, that's the pick. Morton's is a somewhat distant second.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt Morton is a guy's place. I also just like the food a little better than Ruth's Chris, but with a mixed crowd you could go either way.

4. This is not high-end, but for this Squirrel Hill boy, there was nothing better than a burger at Tessaro's in Bloomfield.

In terms of fine dining, you'll schmooze the piss out of your clients if you take them someplace on Mt. Washington. Isabela (Grandview Ave.) gets a high mark from me. The views will blow them away. Avoid the chain steak places downtown.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Tessaro's....yessssssss....best burger's ever.
    And agreed on the Mt. Washington angle. You can't go wrong there, and there are enough restaurants to choose from.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Squirrel Hill boy on this board? Myron Cope's legacy lives? hehe

Draft saved Draft deleted