1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dining in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckner86, May 9, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm a McKeesport boy so when you say "pizza" I say "Lucianos." Mineo's makes a mean slice as well though.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pappan's is closed!?
    What's next, Pechin's outside of Uniontown?

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

if you're staying downtown, don't expect to be able to walk anywhere and eat on sunday night

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

fixed

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We found a couple of little restaurants right near the baseball stadium last time we were up there. Pretty good food and cheap drinks.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Never spent much time in McKeesport, so I'll take your word for it. I was also thinking Squirrel Hill isn't that bad a drive from Oakmont (since they're going to be there for the Open).

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

for italian, go to the greentree section and find "diblasio's." it's owned by foge fazio's cousin don. tremendous. if they have the oso bucco, get it.mmm-mmm. that may be a friday-saturday special.

if steak is a must, morton's or ruth's. you can't go wrong. but you can get that just about anywhere. "diblasio's" is a unique pittsburgh experience.

8. blueview

blueview Member

Hit Big Jim's in the Run in Greenfield/Four Mile Run for excellent bar food and a bit of good old Pittsburgh kitsch - there's a shrine to St. Theresa out front and great memorabilia inside.

For late-night eats and massive margs, the original Mad Mex on Atwood St. in Oakland is the place to go.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my hippie cousin lives in pittsburgh. she could probably cook you up a tofu steak or something.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A Primanti's and as many Yuengling's as I could drink always did me just fine in Pittsburgh.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We were at the Primanti's in the Strip District one night for dinner. After five or six rounds of Yuenglings, I ordered a Steel City. The bartender looked at me, the number of empties on our table and said "Are you sure you don't want another Yuengling instead?"

12. buckner86

buckner86 New Member

Thanks for everyboy's help. Plenty of good options.

Draft saved Draft deleted