1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 1, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

First, I think the Varsity is Athens is better than the one in Atlanta. Not sure why. Call me a homer, I guess.

Second, skip the fries. Always a disappointment. Onion rings are better, but still too greasy for me.

Third, I'd run over my mother to get a couple of Varsity chili dogs right now. I don't think I've had any in about five years, since I quit the Banner-Herald.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Cool site. Thanks for that.
    The people at the foodnetwork need to add a similar feature as the seach on that site.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Come visit. :D

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hell yes to Del Rhea's, Oscar! Some great food ... and back when I used to really eat, I got plenty of it at the lunch buffet. Go there hungry.

Another great place for chicken, just down Route 66/Joliet Road from Del Rhea's, is White Fence Farm. More of a family restaurant than a diner, but still, great fried chicken. Web site: http://whitefencefarm-il.com/

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

That would require the use of common sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted