1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DII national championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Delta State vs. Minn-Duluth

The game is completely crazy and it's still early in the first.

I know Ron Roberts and Pete Golding at DSU. I hope those guys pull it off.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not me. All about UMD.

I consider their coach a brilliant football "CEO" who has an elite program in a town where college football is a mere afterthought.

3. Shoeless Joe

Neilson looks like a CEO wearing a tie on the sideline. I guess the Carhartt jacket is a tip to Minnesota! Otherwise he'd be trying to look like Tressel.

4. exmediahack

Bob has worn the tie on the sidelines as long as I've known him (15 years). It works for him.

I can see his frustration as he can't seem to track Delta's defensive schemes.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I like Duluth. Seems like Delta State has no kicking game, either.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm with exmediahack. I love me some Bob Nielson.

Nielson has been wearing the shirt and tie since he started his coaching career at Ripon.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Quite the game. It was who was going to screw up last. And it was Delta. Horrible interception with under a minute left as they're going for the win. Duluth kicker drills game-winner. Delta only has itself to blame, a ton of screwups inside the 20. And a qb sneak from the 1 on third down?

8. Shoeless Joe

Good game. Wild finish. Congrats to the Bulldogs.

Four turnovers killed DSU, but even though their kicking game is shoddy, when you go for it twice and get stuffed both times when you could have had essentially an extra point field goal, decisions will come back to haunt them.

Delta State has a good defensive scheme. Both Roberts and Golding are former DCs at Tusculum.

Oh well, time to go submit my final poll.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I can't believe my 'Dawgs pulled it out! UMD! UMD! UMD!

UMD won this game without its starting QB, a starting WR and seems to me there were another two or three starters who were out of not only this game but last week's game as well.

Kudos to Coach Nielsen and the team.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Wartburg College alums and former football players are beaming with pride as it's favorite son and his Bulldogs win their 2nd D-II title in three years.

This quote on Facebook says it all.

11. exmediahack

In Nielson We Trust.

Gophers = fools.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mr. Rosie and I were talking football not too long ago. We both agree that the Bulldogs would beat the Gophers in a matchup.

Draft saved Draft deleted