1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital TV question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Go here — http://www.antennaweb.org/ — to see what stations are broadcasting in HD near you. According to it, I have seven stations broadcasting HD signals within 10 miles.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

well shit ... I figured it out.

Rabbit ears won't help you get a digital signal when plugged into the VHF/UHF plug. Plug them into the digital plug and VIOLA! I'm getting stations from a town that's an hour and 15 minutes away ... crystal clear.

I'll be enjoying the all-star game tonight on one of two Fox channels.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hell if I know. I pay DirecTV tribute every month to bring a (standard def) signal into the house for me. :) But my main point still stands. If a station is broadcasting in digital, they are doing so all the time, whether the particular program on the air at a given point is HD or not.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/accessories2.asp?product=antenna

I have this hooked to my DirecTV receiver for off-air digital, and it works like a charm.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

OTA Digital TV is going to be one giant clusterfuck next February.

5:10 p.m. tonight, or so, I lost all my digital signals. No rhyme or reason to it, just outta the blue.

So I unplug the antenna, turn off the TV. Plug the antenna back in and turn the TV back up, re-run the auto programming. I have 10 channels now, instead of the 17 I had earlier today.

6. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Saw the pic. Does that thing pull in adult digital channels? It sure looks happy to see me.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Depends on how much you watch...
    The amount of adult programming is directly proportional to how much you pull on it.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How many are up a creek with the early switch some stations made two weeks ago? I can't get any over the air stations in my neck of the woods.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Over-the-who'wha?

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The CBS station here switched to digital all the time on Feb. 17th. The Fox station turned on its digital signal on a new frequency but still has its analog one going. The cable company decided to use the digital signal for the Fox station and since then, everything on that channel looks fuzzy. Sporting events look like they're on film instead of live. I'm figuring it's the cable company's fault, though, because cable in this town does suck.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

... just like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted