1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Sports Producer- New Orleans, LA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Apr 8, 2014.

  1. Zads07

    Zads07 Member

    From Gannett.com

    Career Opportunities: Digital Sports Producer (30562)
    Requisition Number 30562 - Posted 04/08/2014 - Digital - News - Full-Time - Online - LA - New Orleans - WWL-TV - New Orleans, LA

    Experienced journalist responsible for updating WWLTV.com, associated Web sites, mobile sites and apps and social media outlets with news, breaking news, weather, video and sports information from a variety of sources under deadline conditions, as directed by supervisor.
    Focus will be on producing original Saints content to run across the station’s digital platforms including social media outlets.
    Approximately 80% of time will be spent producing local Sports content including coverage of the Saints, Pelicans, and local college and high school sports. The other 20% of time will be spent updating and producing all other types of news. During Saints Football season, more time will be spent focusing solely on Saints coverage.
    The job includes weekend and night work and includes working with prep sports, college sports and the local professional sports teams.
    Role includes the following expectations:
    Exhibit the highest standards of news judgment in selecting and publishing Web content.
    The ability to create efficient and accurate breaking news content as it occurs.
    Produce Saints content for WWLTV.com and our mobile apps
    Keep the Bless You Boys app updated with Saints related content.
    Produce Eye on Saints emails a minimum of 2 times weekly during season.
    Attending and covering all Saints home games and traveling to most away games.
    Edit and publish photographs, links, graphics, video clips, live streaming video, interactive surveys, newsletters, push notifications, email alerts and multimedia packages for news, weather, sports and other content. Coordinate with offline partners including assignment desk, reporters and WWL-TV news staff.
    Maintain and update social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and others with appropriate news, breaking news and other information.
    Use non-linear video editing and encoding software to generate Web-ready content.
    Generate original content for Web audience.
    Demonstrate proficiency in news judgment; excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
    Produce news and sports stories under pressure within assigned deadlines.
    Interact productively and enthusiastically with fellow employees and management.
    College degree and work experience in journalism. Minimum three years of experience in copy-editing and producing Web content for a Web site, newspaper or television station. Basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page