1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital sports producer -- Dallas Morning News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SBell, Jan 29, 2019.

1. SBell

SBell New Member

Hi all,

Recently posted a full-time opening for our digital sports desk. You'd be joining a team of four full-time sports producers and four part-timers.

This person's primary job will be to help produce and promote content for all platforms of digital.

Production tasks include aggregation/localization of content across the web and conducting searches to find news and tidbits on social media and through search engines. There will be opportunities to create original content, too.

Promotional tasks include design, editing, writing and display. Our digital desk is called upon to do anything and everything to help expand and improve the content on the site, whether it be headline optimization or smart social media promotion.

I expect this position to include night and weekend hours.

Here's the link to formally apply. Feel free to e-mail me (sbell@dallasnews.com) or shoot me a DM on Twitter if you have any questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted