1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Recorders

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by icoverbucks, Apr 23, 2007.

1. icoverbucks

icoverbucks Member

I have had an Olympus for 4-5 years now and I know there has to be something better out there now with new tech exploding. The speaker doesn't even work any more.

Any suggestions, ideas on what the best digital recorder out there is. I am primarily a writer, but I also use some cuts on the radio. I usually use a minidisk for the radio, but if I had one great recorder to do it all that would be great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Root around on this board. There are several threads buried on this subject, since it comes up every three or four weeks.
    Happy hunting.

3. spud

spud Member

I've got a Panasonic, and the thing has worked beautifully. I get some ribs for how small and skinny it is, but it takes a mighty strong wind to cut out and its all digitally organized in a neat, easy package. Nice clear voice quality, too.

Here's a link to it. Good price, too.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_RR_QR170_digital_voice_recorder/4505-11314_7-31988948.html

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Buried hell, there was at least one last week.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't say it was buried deep...

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That's what she said.

Sorry.

7. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Have an iPod?

Pick up a recorder accessory. Works great, great Audio and makes for great organization in iTunes if you need to organize.

I've been using it the last year, and wouldnt do it any other way. Makes for great audio quality, an ease in finding material and makes transcribing a lot easier if you use it in iTunes...

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I have an Olympus WS-100 and like it fine. Oddly, the speaker quality isn't great when you play stuff back, but if you listen through earphones, which I always do, it's damn near broadcast quality.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

sportshack, how does using it in iTunes make interviews easier to transcribe?

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

11. WSKY

WSKY Member

iRiver

Draft saved Draft deleted