1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Picture Frames Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Anyone out there own a digital picture frame? You know the kind where you upload digital photos and it works as a slideshow?

I want to buy one for my parents for Christmas, but I'm wondering who makes the best one? How big (size and memory) do I need?

Anyone have thoughts or reviews?

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Good question. I want to get one for the wife for Christmas. Any thoughts welcome.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I bought my parents one last year. Can't remember what size or brand or whatever, but it pulled pictures from a small USB flash drive that I had to buy separately.

Best thing I did before I gave it was open it up, learn how to use it, write detailed and funny directions for my parents on how to use it, and load up that USB drive with a bunch of photos of me and my brother.

The USB drive was key, because my parents know how to use one of those. I don't think they would have understood how to connect the frame to their computer and deal with any software that would have been needed to transfer photos.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You can usually get a good one about $100. That should get you an 8" frame.

Most of them either upload pics from your PC or they have a smartcard reader.

The number of pics varies based on the pics resolution.

Some also have MP3 capabilities. So if you want, you can play the music from your wedding as background music on a frame displaying images from your wedding.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Wal-Mart has them near the jewelry counter, Pete. Go check there.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Zing! Awesome.

And no, they are sold at the photo lab in Wal-Marts. I've looked.

Draft saved Draft deleted