1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Managing Editor, Townsquare Media [MULTIPLE LOCATIONS]

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by chase.colston, Jun 4, 2012.

1. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Hey everyone, I am passing along some job opportunities that are available with my company, Townsquare Media. Townsquare Media is one of the fastest-growing media companies. We own more than 200 radio stations and their companion websites. The company has recently expanded after buying new markets around the country, and we are looking for Digital Managing Editors to run all digital aspects for each market's radio station.

Here is the job posting we have for Billings, Montana. We also have openings in Augusta-Waterville, Maine; Bangor, Maine; Binghampton, N.Y.; Bismarck, N.D.; Killeen-Temple, Texas; New Bedford, Mass.; Odessa-Midland, Texas; Presque Isle, Maine; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Tuscaloosa, Ala.; and San Angelo, Texas.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1358557

Company: Townsquare Media
    Position: Digital Managing Editor - Billings, Montana
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: June 13, 2012
    Job ID: 1358557

Description: Digital Managing Editor, Billings, MT

Townsquare Media is looking to hire a Managing Editor to oversee the editorial operations of the company's four local radio station websites in Billings, Montana, including the creation of digital content that is vital for the local community, and the growth of the audience to that content. The sites are listed here: http://townsquaremedia.com/markets/montana/

Candidates must have at least 5 years of online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.

The job also requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with Wordpress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus as well.

The job requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and a capacity for managing multiple tasks at once.

Key responsibilities include:

- Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the Billings community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media.

- Develop content based on audience demand & search data

- Top edit several posts and features a day

- Manage the calendar of content for the site

- Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience

- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance

- Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.

- Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement

- Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media

- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.

-------

I'll get into a ton of specifics for when there are questions, but I am currently a Digital Managing Editor for one of the markets with Townsquare, and the best thing I can say is after working for 10 years in newspapers, this has been a breath of fresh air. There are some transitions that take some getting used to, but this provides many opportunities for creativity, creating interesting content and working for a company that won't die in five years.

I can answer any question you have. And PM me if you have any other questions or are interested in applying. Before you apply on Journalism Jobs, PM me and I can point you in a better direction.

Thanks!

2. Higgs22

Higgs22 New Member

Hey--just saw this...what are the salary and benefits like?

Draft saved Draft deleted