1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Editor, Daily Record, Parsippany NJ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, May 1, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not a sports gig, but a friend asked if it could be posted. Any questions, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can get info for you.

Digital Editor – Full Time
    Parsippany, N.J.

Position is responsible for managing the Daily Record website 5 evenings a week, as well as the responsibility for how it appears the following early morning. Daily duties include editing Daily Record stories and placing them on the website and managing budgets with other editors. Also the Editor of Denville/Rockaway This Week, gathering and budgeting all content and working with the production editors. On Sunday this position is the sole News Editor and as such supervises reporters and photographers, corresponding with production editors in Asbury and manages the Daily Record website.

Apply to: Suzanne Stahoski, HR
    sstahosk@gannett.com

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Surely this is the kind of job that will be included in the next round of consolidation of positions, whenever that occurs. I'm actually mildly surprised that it's done on a local level now.

I did spend five years of my childhood in Rockaway, for whatever that's worth.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Position filled internally. This may leave a local news reporting position open; PM me if interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted