1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Dwarf Tossing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now he can be everywhere at once!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080717/ap_en_ot/digital_albom

Digital Albom: commencement speech through Kindle

By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer 25 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Mitch Albom has a new book out — well, not really a book, but a commencement speech in book form. And not in traditional book form, but as an e-book, published exclusively through Amazon.com's Kindle reader.

"Commencement Speech To His Nephew's Graduating Class: May 30, 2008, Nice France" went on sale Thursday for 99 cents. It won't be a money maker for Albom — proceeds are being donated to a Detroit-based charity for the homeless — but it does offer a test for the digital device that has created a great debate about the future of books and great speculation over how much the Kindle is part of that future.

Amazon.com has declined to offer specific numbers for the Kindle, a vacuum eagerly filled by industry insiders and the media, which has estimated sales as anywhere from a very modest 10,000 to a more encouraging 100,000-plus.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Dang it.

I thought this would be some horribly politically incorrect, yet hysterically funny addicting game.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The day when Mitch Albom can type directly into my brain is horrifyingly near.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This probably says something about the quality of the school my children go to, but Tuesdays with Morrie is on their summer reading list. My daughter was voluntarily reading Jane Eyre, but it wasn't one of the ones selected for her grade. But there Mitchie is, molding young minds.

7. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

France

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Because I like you: http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/midget_tossing/midget_tossing.htm.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Give that man a cookie!

I only injured 110 midgets in getting to 100.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That game was a big reason behind my 1.9 in my first semester of college. I'm pretty sure Randy Newman owes me an apology.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And now my cleaning is done for the day.

Thanks, Mikey!!!

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I only injured 33! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted