1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital content producer — Chicago Sun-Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Nov 22, 2017.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago news organization, with a laser focus on impactful investigations, sports, politics, and reporting stories that matter to the working men and women of Chicago. We’re hiring a dynamic digital leader to help our team of experienced journalists at the Chicago Sun-Times and the Reader share content in the digital space in unique and bold ways. Using new, multi-platform production and delivery capabilities, this person will help us meet our news consumers where they are and provide our advertising partners with real value.

Responsibilities

• Write, edit and publish online sports articles following the best practices of SEO, storytelling and audience engagement
    • Curate sports section of Chicago Sun-Times website to showcase most relevant, timely and popular content
    • Manage Sun-Times social media, optimizing sports stories for sharing and engagement, thanking followers and responding to audience
    • Create multimedia content and programming to enhance daily sports coverage (i.e. video, graphics, text images, live streams, slideshows, social media embeds, podcasting)
    • Plan digital initiatives for big games and events
    • Send breaking news alerts, as needed
    • Field producing, as needed
    Skills required

• Solid editorial judgment and ethics
    • Strong writing and video skills
    • Ability to tell stories in multimedia formats
    • Capacity to keep cool under deadline pressure
    • Working knowledge of all social media and digital platforms, including best practices
    • Ability to learn quickly and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
    Requirements

• 2+ years experience in digital sports role
    • Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
    • Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and/or Sprout Social, a plus
    • Highly self-motivated with a passion to win
    This is a non-exempt (union) position. Sun-Times Media Production, LLC does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.

Posted: 11/22/2017

TO APPLY:

Send a confidential cover letter and resume with “Digital Content Producer, Sports” in the subject line to: jobpostings@suntimes.com

JOB OPENING: Digital Content Producer, Sports

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This made me laugh more than any of the jokes I heard on Thanksgiving.

3. valpo87

valpo87 Member

The response shortly after my application, which I assume is an auto response, seems more positive than others I usually get that say "We'll get back to you if your skills match our needs" or something to that effect.

Draft saved Draft deleted