1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Content Assistant, FOX Sports Wisconsin/North

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by FSWisconsin, Oct 17, 2013.

1. FSWisconsin

FSWisconsin New Member

Description

Digital Content Assistant

Fox Sports North/Wisconsin – Milwaukee, WI

FOX Sports North/Wisconsin is searching for a Digital Content Assistant in Milwaukee, WI. This individual will gain valuable working knowledge of FOX Sports North/Wisconsin supporting all Web initiatives and programming as needed on local website. The assistant is required to have an understanding of best practices for Websites, blogs, mobile applications and search engine optimization (SEO). Additionally, this person should have a working knowledge of sports media and social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Job functions include editing web site content, assisting in strategic planning and vendor relations. Incumbent will also assist the Digital Content Manager as needed on all Web initiatives, productions, events, pregame shows, specials and news, as assigned. This may require some night or weekend hours

Candidates should have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. All candidates should have knowledge of the AP style, knowledge of HTML and Web design, graphics, experience with Photoshop, advanced HTML. Experience with current Web trends is needed. Also, candidates must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people as well as handle a large number of variables in the daily news workflow, including short deadlines.

Responsibilities
    Assist in the production of Web site initiatives
    Work with other departments, coordinating content and site updates
    Participate in Web productions as assigned
    Participate in meetings and conferences calls related to productions, as required
    Work with Digital Content Manager to aggregate sports news content and update regional Web sites and create content as needed
    Work with other departments on scheduling and marketing initiatives

Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Qualifications

Must have 2-4 years of online production experience with news or marketing background
    Knowledge of current web trends and tools is essential - some TV programming or sports experience a plus.
    Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed
    Working knowledge of Adobe Bundle
    General sports knowledge is a must
    Strong organizational skills are required
    Ability to work without supervision and under pressure
    Creative ability to perform job efficiently and effectively
    Experience in the news environment and strong journalistic skills
    Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
    Creatively deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
    A pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies
    Passionately develop and present story ideas

https://fox.taleo.net/careersection/fox_external_career_section/jobdetail.ftl?job=113116&lang=en

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone with an idea on what this position might pay?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing. Sounds like a good gig.

4. I worked for FSN South in the digital department 2011-12. The money wasn't great at the time, but as a DCA I worked with a great DCM in Mack Browning who taught me a lot. I also was able to do a lot of fun things outside of the normal job description. I was able to shoot/edit video, host a podcast that ended up getting some run on TV. We also had a good relationship with TV side that lead to opportunities. I am not sure what the pay is like now but if Wisc is anything like it was in Atlanta I would recommend the opportunity.

5. Anyone know what is up with this one? I don't think the link to the job posting has ever worked.

6. FSWisconsin

FSWisconsin New Member

The job has been filled. Sent you a private message, if you did not get it, please let me know (via PM).

7. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Filled by: https://twitter.com/jimmycarlton88/status/398531394978082816

Draft saved Draft deleted