1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital camera recommendations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hate-Miser2, Apr 18, 2011.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The delay factor is why we went with the DSLR. Just got tired of missing everything with the point and shoot.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

93, all new DSLRs have video. Not the greatest audio on them but HD video. Nikon has announced a microphone peripheral that attaches to the hot-shoe (where an external flash goes) and would provide far better audio however.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't know that about the DSLRs, but video should be 1/10th of the decision. I will say that I decide to bring my big camera to things. It does not always come with me.

And if you are shooting kids, having a delay is awful.

Oh, and we have not even mentioned the ability to attach flashes to the DSLRs.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

We bought a Nikon D3100 setup a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. There's no going back to a point-and-shoot once you use the DSLR.

As for Nikon vs. Canon, the reason we went Nikon is because almost all the photogs I know use Nikon and if I ever need help, want to borrow lenses, etc., it'll come in handy.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great point. Get what your friends have so you can share lenses (where the real money is in these things).

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I routinely recommend the new Rebels to incoming photo students, fwiw. Great cameras.

Draft saved Draft deleted