1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital Audio Recorder Help, Please

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Granny, Apr 18, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If it connects via USB, there ought to be a way to make it platform-independent.

I'm surprised it doesn't show up as a standard flash drive.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I don't know if there are workarounds, but they aren't designed to interface with Macs. Neither are most of the Sony digital voice recorders.

3. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Thanks to all for the help. I just gave up trying to use it on the home CPU.

Let the pie cool before you eat it.

4. JLaff

JLaff Guest

Sorry to kick up an old thread, but I've been looking for (and can't find) such a recorder that would be able to link up to a Mac. You'd think Apple would've invented the iRecord or something by now. Does any one have any recommendations of digital recorders that are Mac compatible, or am I just SOL?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

These have to be euphemisms.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know a crapton of people who use their iPods. I would think those would be Apple-compatible. :)

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Well, if you've got an iPod there are options that will turn it into a recorder and, thus, sync back with your Mac.

Here's a new Olympus that supports Mac and PC, because it uses an SD card for memory. Very cool.
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1400

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:eek: Three .... <i>hundred</i> ... dollars?!?

[​IMG]

For that money I can get an iPod Nano and a recording attachment for the dock connector.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

To each their own. I know I'll be getting the iPod attachment when my now-five-year-old Olympus DS-330 breaks down.

Draft saved Draft deleted