1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digger Phelps...coolest f'n old dude on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Suicide Squeezer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Awesome video of Digger cuttin' loose with a Clemson cheerleader/dancer.

If I'm half this cool when I'm 68, let alone have half as much game with 18-22-year-old chicks, I think I'll die a happy man.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's got nothing to lose.

You can't get a straight answer out of him re anything about South Bend (Holtz is no less guilty), and his politics remain repugnant.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don Cherry begs to differ.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Youtube has a whole list of these. Digger dancing in South Bend, Madison, everywhere.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Digger Phelps dances with two California cheerleaders

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry, Ben, I thought you were referring to Digger's penchant to color coordinate his ties and markers...

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Digger has gotten more mileage out of one win (ending UCLA win streak) and one Final Four than any coach in history. He's a complete no nothing blow hard. And a 68-year-old who likes to dance with 20-something college chicks knowing that he's being filmed ... creepy, slimy, sicko.
    About 10 years ago at a Final Four, I remember seeing Digger walking around the lobby of the coaches' hotel. He had a leather jacket on, his hair was slicked back. I remember thinking, "This guy thinks he's The Fonz.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wasn't me.

Carry on.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If Digger wants to keep his biases going, why does ESPN send him to these places?

For example, his appearance in Littlejohn for an ACC game on Saturday night ...

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Note: I have no brief for Digger. Not a fan, nor do I dislike him. For the record, I find these clips a little creepy.

But, if you're going to use an epithet to call someone dumb, it's usually a good idea to spell it correctly. It's "know-nothing." I have no idea what a "no nothing" is.

11. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

This isn't at some bar and there's an old dude skeeving up the place. How about taking this at face value: simply hilarious.

12. Every scholarship player who ever played for him graduated. That's pretty good, I'd say.

Draft saved Draft deleted