1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Difference b/w a sidebar and a feature

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doodah, Dec 27, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Score!

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. spikechiquet

Here, a sidebar:

http://sidebargrille.com/

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

People who say shit like that should be fired.
    I look at each season -Fall, winter and spring - like an NBA season. You grind through the regular season, try to put out a great product, but once playoffs come, you'd better have your A game. A former co-worker (not schieza) just half-asses everything and then thinks his championship sections are brilliant because he did some cutouts or ran a super huge picture. Now he's a news editor and is all pumped about how he managed to get his work done this week in 10 hours and now he can relax the rest of the week.
    I fucking hate people like that. Instead of using the rest of his time to find a feature or come up with ideas - or, god forbid, spend some time in the town he covers - he's doing nothing.

5. spikechiquet

Sounds like a lot of people I have worked with. It pisses me off when I see people pull crap like that.
    And then when they get their pay cut and hours dropped, they are the first to bitch about how unfair it is.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Doodah: I was sort of in your corner until the notebook question.

Also: It's a proud journalism tradition to root against a team making more work for you -- as long as you bring it 100 percent once they do.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Desker in Richmond used to keep tally, and openly root against any local team when scores would come piling in. It was awesome.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bring home winners was never positive.

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

An old shop used to keep track of "eliminator points" with the winner getting loaded on the crew's dime at the end of a prep season.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

What is a blog?

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted