1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And anyone who doesn't go to a movie because it doesn't have enough swearing ... is it possible the movie might still be good just because it doesn't turn into a cocksucking titfucking shitslamming fuckeria?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm thinking the image he tried to invoke wasn't an actual Puritan but the overriding censorship related to anything overtly or remotely sexual and/or outside a generic scope of "morals".

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Which is why the analogy is built on a foundation of fail. It's an overreaction. Dropping a few swears to avoid an R rating does not equate to the raising of a hyperfundamentalist theocracy.

Seriously, if the movie sucks, it's because they've run out of things to do, the plot sucks, and/or Bruce Willis is 85. Not because you can't subtitle the film "Fuckfest 2007".

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

VERY sorry.

5. Hey, I just now realized I'm posting about my own movie!
    I don't suppose we'll hear a replay of "Just like fuckin' Saigon, eh, Slick?" in this one?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was in junior high, dickhead.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Guess we'll need some more FBI agents.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The rare thread-jack about the actual subject.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

All right, listen up guys. 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except for the four assholes coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation.

10. Oooooooh, the quarterback IS toast!

OK, now back to the thread subject: Gee, it sure is fuckin' lame giving Die Hard 4 a PG-13 rating. Golly! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted