1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

And another thing...the CGI in the Die Hard IV trailers looks terrible.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You can go to an R if you're under 17, but only with someone over 17. NC-17 (major studios release one or two a year) is the one where you have to be at least 17 to be admitted.

And seeing the commercials, this movie looks too cartoonish and CGI-ish to be a good watching experience.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've liked the Die Hard flicks but I'm with Dooley. I've seen the trailers and it looks like one non-stop collection of special affects and things blowin' up.

But it still can't be as ridiculous as 300.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yippee-Ki-Yay motherfreaker!

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Beat me to it... ;D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, his daughter is kidnapped, but he's going to watch his language...

7. Yeah, the MPAA blows.
    I can remember as a kid growing up in the late 70s and early 80s that it wasn't all that unusual to see a flash of boob in a PG movie (and this was before there was a PG-13). Heck, you even got a flash of more than that in the opening scene in "Jaws."

Sometimes that was all we had to live for as kids, for crying out loud.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Didn't The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia have a boob scene?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The MPAA blows? They're not the ones who just got buttfucked on national TV, Dwayne.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I wonder if that would draw a PG-13 rating.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You're right; the ratings system was created to prevent state-by-state censorship (which I imagine would be the only thing worse than the current situation ::))

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good lord, puritanism? Do you really think the Puritans would wake up from a 400-year coma, walk into a movie theatre for a matinee, then walk out and think "our moral society is ever strong?" For serious?

Maybe the issue isn't "too little sex allowed before a movie gets an R". Maybe it's "blood orgies are acceptable teenage fare".

And you're talking to a guy who uses more of George Carlin's seven dirty words by 9 a.m. than most motherfuckers use all day.

Draft saved Draft deleted