1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I would be interested to know the gross revenue of a rated-R action movie compared to a PG-13.

2. JackS

JackS Member

Foul language makes a movie?

You folks are hilarious. I just watched the director's cut of "A Streetcar Named Desire" on DVD the other day and you should see some of the (tame) stuff they had to cut out of the original release. An all-time classic flick and no one complained about not having enough f-bombs.

I rarely darken the door of a theater, but I'm looking forward to Sicko and Die Hard IV coming out the same week. I'm gonna see 'em back to back.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not just the language. When you're talking about an action film, there are serious limits as to what they can show violencewise...

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You trying to say you can't watch a movie without the F-note?

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

JackS and Hondo, it's not that we can't watch a movie without the word fuck. It's that a movie of this nature is going to have a lot of cursing. This well-established character, in particular, is known for a lot of F-bombs. For the studio to hamstring the movie and the character in the name of perceived profits is creatively offensive.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, if it's a PG 13, anyone 13 and under can go see it unaccompanied by an adult?

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

13 and over can see it without an adult.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Fuck em!
    I was going to sneak over to the movie theatre early to catch this on opening day. not anymore.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I agree that it's Falcon, too.

As for seeing the fourth movie in any series, I'll pass.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. :)

So what's next PG17?

Sounds like our system except it's 14 & 18 up here.

I did a quick look at what's playing here and not a single "restricted" flick (you have to be 18 or older to get in)

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Up next is R. I don't recall if R is for 17 and older or 18 and older.
    The ratings go:
    G, PG, PG-13, R

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I don't even think those films would merit an R rating if they were made in the 80s.

Draft saved Draft deleted