1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just don't like the premise of number 4. they should have set it on a ship, no, I mean a bus, no, I mean a sports arena, no, I mean a train, no, I mean an amusement park, no, I mean a plane, no, I mean...

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Alan Rickman, as good a villain as you wil find in the genre.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Easily the best Euro-villian. (Now there is a top 25 I want to see in EW). Rickman's American accent scene and the "Mr. Cowboy" line were great.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I thought it was "Mister Falcon," not "Foster."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be curious how many of the movies on that EW list of the Top 25 action films of all-time are PG-13... Probably just the ones that are more adventure (Raiders) or Sci Fi (Empire) than actual action... You would be pretty hard-pressed to point out a decent action film that isn't Rated R.

I must admit I was pretty excited about this movie. I'm a big Bruce Willis fan and I think even his movies that don't do well at the Box Office (13 Blocks, Hostage...) are still quality work...

As soon as I heard this film was PG-13 I thought, this is going to suck...

6. I really like the first two.
    The third was god-awful. Absolutley fucking horrible!
    No. 4. I'm pretty lukewarm about. I may rent it.

I'm a movie snob anymore. Summer blockbusters seldom wow me. I don't care about the FF4 or the new Spiderman. Give me a good plot and solid cast and you have me (God I love the fall and winter months when the good movies come out!).
    The last action flick to excite me was 300. Before that: I hadn't been to driven to see a movie in a theatre for about three years.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Die Hard I and III were quality films. Die Hard II, just like Rocky III and V, I choose to destroy from my memory bank. If Live Free or Die can trump no. 2, I think we have a new trilogy on our hands, as I said I choose to neglect II.

8. Mizzougrad96

The first one was one of the best ever...

The second one was pretty damn good...

The third one sucked ass...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Third was far superior to the second. The second was absolutely terrible, which I blame largely on Renny Harlin, a shitty-ass director who had no business taking over the Die Hard franchise. They brought back John McTiernan for the third, which was the best decision they could have made.

I never expected the new one to be any good, so this news doesn't lower the bar for me. That said, if all that's different between this one and the first three is a few F-bombs, then who cares? As long as the action is dialed up and McClane is still a smartass, it shouldn't be a big deal. And that's coming from someone who loves him some F-bombs.

10. Mizzougrad96

I think the reason why I liked Die Hard 2 is because it was exactly like the first one...

I agree that Renny Harlin is a complete hack as a director...

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This should surprise no one. The movie was about a week before release date and was listed as "Unrated?" Please. If they said PG-13 from the go, it wouldn't have drawn in nearly the interest.

Now that it is official, I don't plan on seeing it in the theaters. The PG-13 rules are a joke.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I, for one, am glad that they cleaned up that man's potty mouth.

Just because you are running around getting blown up and shooting people is no reason to use foul language.

Draft saved Draft deleted