1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Violence = OK and sex = not OK ... WTF is wrong with us as a culture? ???

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The people that make the ratings don't like sex, but love violence. Check out "This Film Is Not Yet Rated."

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I've never seen 5 seconds of any Die Hard movie.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's enough out of you, bucky. this is a PG-13 board.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cutting down on swearing just to gain a PG-13 rating? Pile'o'crap.

John McClane couldn't give a rat's ass what comes out of his mouth. And since when did a DieHard film have to worry about attracting a bigger audience? The biggest reason they're filming a fourth installment is because the studio KNOWS they'll rake in cash on this one.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think this movie might be the summer blockbuster that tanks. There is always at least one.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I still think the first one's the best. The third one (thank you, Samuel L.) is next, followed by the second, which lags far behind ...

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I believe it not only is the best big-budget action flick of all-time, but every action movie since has borrowed from it heavily.

I had intended to see it opening weekend. Now ... not so much. Fucking money-grubbing, pandering Hollywood whore motherfuckers.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's a pretty good bet. Twelve years since the last flick means there's a whole generation that has no idea what Die Hard is. And Bruce is over 50, meaning he may indeed look pathetic treading the same ground he did back when he was David Addison.

After seeing it's PG-13, I hope you're right.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

melon farmer

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm slightly dated, too, so I'll have to check it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted