1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't Rob Gronkowski sexually assault this host?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Or maybe screwballs.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

But you disagree with the premise of affirmative of consent.

We're not tabula rasa here. This isn't a
    policy debate round. Go be a debate judge. You'd love it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"What shocked me the most is that the people that have come at me the hardest are women. ... It's ironic and hypocritical."

And from Whitlock: "I believe that much of the attack on Julie is really a veiled attack on me."

FS1 on Twitter

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Of course he does, because narcissists believe EVERYTHING is about them. It's why they're narcissists.

Lugnuts, outofplace and Alma like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

While I don't care for what she did with Gronkowski, her response was excellent. It also clearly debunks Dickie's take on this thing, though I don't see much reason to take anything he posts seriously.

Whitlock's response was ridiculous. BYM nailed it.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What if a black player did the same thing?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Probably 99 pct. of men (white or black or brown or yellow) could behave in the exact same manner as Gronkowski under the exact same circumstances and recieve a very different (perhaps horrified or even angry) reaction.

What's your point? That life isn't fair? That men shouldn't be required to have that level of self awareness? That all women should react uniformly to all men under a given set of circumstances?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She would have a black eye from his dick.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that Alma is upset about this thread. He's the board's moral scold. (For the record: I like him.)

I'm not sure what is eating the rest of you, though. We have had thread upon thread where we discuss issues of consent. Of "rape culture." Here is an incident on live TV that takes us from the abstract to the concrete. The rrporter's invitation was ambiguous. What if she said, afterward: "I did not consent to him thrusting his pelvis in my face"?

Assault?

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You're being disingenuous, Dick. You know watching that video there's no assault.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Her response was awful. She's surprised women came at her the hardest? Really? Women have a difficult enough time begin taken seriously as sports reporters, and she's on live TV asking for a lap dance from a professional athlete. The fact that she's unaware of how her actions affect other women currently and soon-to-be working in the industry prove that she's nowhere close to "one of the biggest feminists in the industry."

Whitlock is laughable.

Stoney likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As re: criminality? Or as re: a college sexual misconduct code?

Draft saved Draft deleted